Jill Scott Block Party Singer Search Contest
The Jill Scott Block Party Singer Search Contest (“Contest’) will begin on Monday, April 23, 2012 and end on May 18, 2012 (“Contest Period”). One (1) grand prizewinner will be awarded an opportunity to sing at Jill Scott’s Block Party concert in Atlanta Georgia on Saturday, June 30, 2012, and round-trip air transportation and hotel accommodations for the winner and a guest. One (1) winner, who participates in the voting phase of the Contest, will be awarded round-trip air transportation, hotel accommodations and two (2) tickets to Jill Scott’s Block Party concert in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, June 30, 2012.
HOW TO ENTER:
Listeners of WXMG-FM (the “Station”) who are legal residents of the U.S., residing within COLUMBUS, OH metropolitan area, and are twenty-one (21) years of age and older will be able to take part in this Contest. To participate in the Contest, listeners must do the following:
Local music artists must submit a video or video embed code of themselves singing Jill Scott’s song “Blessed” to the Station’s website at WWW.MYCOLUMBUSMAGIC.COM . Accepted video files are .AVI, .DV, .MOV, .QT, .MP4, .MPEG, .3GP, .ASF, .WMV, and .MPG formats only and no more than 200MB in file size. Submitted videos should be no longer than three (3) minutes in length. Videos containing explicit language or not using Jill Scott’s song “Blessed” will be rejected. No sampling of other artists’ material, music or videos is permitted, and will lead to disqualification. This contest is for amateurs. No contestant will be able to participate if they are a professional recording artist, have already or in the process of recording for a record label or artist, of have received any type of compensation for any type of performance.
Submitted entries must be “family friendly” and appropriate for all audiences.
Upon entering the Contest website, participants are to follow the on-screen instructions, including entering their name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, video entry, and any optional or additional contact information, as requested, to register for a chance to win.
All Internet entries must be received by 11:59pm local time on Friday, May 11, 2012, or they will be void.
Entries will be posted online for public voting. The voting period will take place from Monday, May 14 at 12:00AM local time through Monday, May 18, 2012 11:59PM local time.
One (1) finalist (and two (2) alternates) from each participating station that receive the highest number of online votes will be presented to Jill Scott to review. Jill Scott will choose the grand prize winner to perform at her concert in Atlanta, Georgia.
One entry per person per day per email address during the Contest Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a participant’s online entry, the entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized holder of the e-mail account at the time the entry was made.
By uploading a submission and entering this Contest, each participant represents and warrants to be bound by the Official Contest rules, that they are authorized to and have the rights to submit the content in the entry, and that all of the below-listed requirements have been met.
· Entry must be three (3) minutes or less in length
· Entrants must sing Jill Scott’s song “Blessed”.
· Entries may not be patently offensive, illegal, pornographic or obscene, or similarly inappropriate in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
· Entries must be family friendly and not contain any profanity, obscene language, lewd or sexual content, references or graphics.
· Submissions may not infringe upon any rights of any third party including without limitation, copyright, trademark and right of publicity or privacy
· Entries must be unpublished and not have been submitted in other competitions
· Submissions must not contain: unnecessary violence, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), or otherwise assault or threaten others
· If additional individuals are featured in the entry, each entrant warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained permission from each person who appears in the submission
The Contest is open to listeners of the Station who are twenty-one (21) years of age and older and are legal residents of the U.S. residing within the COLUMBUS, OH metropolitan area.
Employees of the Station, Radio One, Inc. (the “Company”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, general sponsors, advertisers, competitors, promotional partners, other radio stations in the COLUMBUS, OH metropolitan area, and members of the immediate families or those living in the same households of any of the above (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to participate or win in this Contest. For purposes of this Contest, immediate family members mean spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses.
Travel guest of winner must also be twenty-one (21) years of age or older and a legal resident of the U.S. Winner and guest must each possess a valid driver’s license or other government-issued photo I.D. prior to departure and must travel on the same itinerary. Travel guests will be required to sign and submit all requested release forms along with the winner.
Once an individual wins a prize in this Contest, they are not eligible to win another prize in this Contest except as specified within these rules.
Persons who have won a prize in another contest or promotion of any kind from the Station within the thirty (30) day period immediately preceding the start date of this Contest are not eligible to participate. Only one person per family or household (whether related or not) may win in any promotion from the Station during any thirty (30) day period.
PARTICIPATING RADIO ONE STATIONS
The following is a list of participating Radio One stations for this Contest:
Station Market Website
WAMJ-FM (WUMJ) Atlanta, GA MajicATL.com
WWIN-FM Baltimore, MD MagicBaltimore.com
WQNC-FM Charlotte, NC My927Charlotte.com
WZAK-FM Cleveland, OH WZAKCleveland.com
WXMG-FM Columbus, OH MyColumbusMagic.com
WDMK-FM Detroit, MI KissDetroit.com
KMJQ-FM Houston, TX MyHoustonMajic.com
WTLC-FM Indianapolis, IN TLCNapTown.com
WRNB-FM Philadelphia, PA RNBPhilly.com
WFXK-FM Raleigh/Durham, NC FoxyNC.com
WKJS-FM (WKJM) Richmond, VA KissRichmond.com
WFUN-FM St. Louis, MO Foxy955STL.com
WMMJ-FM Washington, DC mymajicdc.com
If your local radio station or geographic market is not listed above, then you are not eligible to enter the Contest or to be awarded any prizes for your participation. Radio One, Inc. and its affiliates shall not be liable for any claims by ineligible contestants.
Grand Prize package will include the following:
· Round-trip airfare for winner and a guest from winner’s city to Atlanta, Georgia (if the grand prize winner resides within the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area, airfare will not be provided).
· Hotel accommodations for three (3) days / two (2) nights, based on double occupancy for winner and a guest
· A scheduled slot to perform on the Jill Scott Summer Block Party concert in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, June 30, 2012.
· Ground transportation to and from the airport and the performance venue, meals, beverages, gratuities, hotel room service, souvenirs, and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
One (1) voting participant will be awarded the following:
· Round trip coach airfare for two (2) to Atlanta, GA from an airport closest to the winner’s residence (if the winner resides within the Atlanta, GA area, airfare will not be provided).
· Hotel accommodations for three (3) days / two (2) night, (one (1) standard room, double occupancy
· Ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, hotel room services, souvenirs and incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and his or her guest.
To the extent that prize elements are provided by third-party providers, winner agrees to look solely to applicable prize providers with respect to any claims, losses, or disputes in connection therewith.
If for any reason a portion or whole prize cannot be awarded, the Station, the Company and / or Sponsor reserve the right to award a prize of equal or greater value.
Prizes that are not mailed (via us mail or UPS) or provided by the participating sponsor must be claimed at the Station’s offices within three (3) days of the date of winning.
No substitution of prize is offered, no transfer of prize to a third party is permitted and non-cash prizes may not be redeemed for cash value, except as determined by station management and/or the sponsor in its sole discretion.
All contest winners must sign and date official station release and waiver forms as requested. Failure to do so will result in winner forfeiting the prize.
Dates and times of concerts, events, and activities promoted by Contest sponsors are subject to change and those changes are deemed to be beyond the control of the Station. Changes of venue, cancellation of engagements by performing artists, and/or their management may be permanent in nature. The Station is not obligated to make any effort to find an alternative prize under these circumstances.
In the event any winner is found to be in violation of these Official Rules or is otherwise determined by the Station in its sole discretion to be ineligible, he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse the Station or the Sponsor for the stated value of a prize if such a violation is found after the prize has been used by the winner.
If for any reason a contest winner provides notice that they have decided not to accept an awarded prize, the winner will be required to sign a release form acknowledging forfeiture of the prize. It will be at the discretion of the Contest sponsor and / or Contest administrator if another contestant is to be selected as the winner if time permits.
If contest winner does not claim their prize within three (3) days of winning notification, the prize will be forfeited.
Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
During the Contest Period, eligible listeners will be encouraged to participate in the Contest by submitting a video or video embed code of themselves performing Jill Scott’s song “Blessed” to the Station’s website at WWW.MYCOLUMBUSMAGIC.COM . After completing the registration process, qualified entrants will be eligible for a chance to win the grand prize.
Entries will be posted online for public voting. The voting period will take place from Monday, May 14, 2012 12:00AM local time through Friday, May 18, 2012 11:59PM local time.
Entries for the top contestant with the most online votes and two (2) alternates (for each of the participating stations) will be presented to Jill Scott for review and judging. Jill Scott will select the grand prize winner who will be invited to perform at Jill Scott’s Summer Block Party concert in Atlanta, Georgia on Saturday, June 30, 2012.
The grand prize winner will be notified by phone and / or email, and provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
One (1) winner will selected by random drawing from among all eligible participants that were involved in the voting process, and will be awarded a trip to Atlanta, GA to attend the Block Party Concert. The winner will be notified by phone and / or email and will be provided with instructions for claiming the prize.
All winners will be required to sign a release form upon acceptance of the prize.
All decisions made by the Station management regarding any aspect of this Contest are final.
1. Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the receipt of the prize.
2. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year for tax purposes and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS as required by law.
3. No purchase necessary. Contest is void where prohibited. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contestants participating during the Contest Period.
5. By participating in the Contest, the winner or winners agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest, in any media now known or hereafter devised for advertising or promotional purposes without additional compensation, and must sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize. By entering this Contest, each participant agrees to comply with the Official Rules and the decisions of the contest sponsor which shall be final and binding in all aspects relating to the Contest.
6. All contest winners will be required to sign a liability release prior to acceptance of any prize. Pursuant to the liability release, the winner or winners will agree to hold the Station, the Company, any other contest parties and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of the foregoing, harmless against any and all claims or liability, directly or indirectly related to or arising from or in connection with contest participation or the acceptance, possession or use / misuse of awarded prize or any portion thereof, or participation in prize-related activities, including but not limited to any related travel.
7. Winners must provide valid identification (i.e. via driver’s license, passport or other government-issued photo I.D.) to claim their prize.
8. The Station retains the right to disqualify any contestant if all Contest rules are not followed. Contest void if prohibited by law.
9. So long as no participant is materially adversely affected, the station reserves the right to make changes in the contest rules, which will become effective upon being announced on the air and / or posted online.
10. The Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for the inability of any contestant to complete or continue a telephone call, facsimile transmission or internet registration due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. In addition, the Station, the Company, participating sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or their representatives, agents and employees are not responsible for lost, misdirected, mutilated, illegible or incomplete contest entries. Once submitted, entries become the property of the Station and will not be returned.
11. By accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that the Station and the Company have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. The Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, participating sponsors and promotional partners will not assume any responsibility for any changes in the execution of the contest, including; cancellation of the contest as a result of the occurrence of events not within the control of the Station, the Company, its subsidiaries, affiliates, participating sponsors, promotional partners and other radio stations, such as acts of God, strikes, terrorists acts or criminal acts of third parties. In the event, such an act should occur; the Station may in its sole discretion, offer the winner comparable prize(s) currently being offered by the Station in lieu of the prize originally awarded.
13. If for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, any suspected evidence of tampering or technological corruption or if any portion of the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms or unauthorized human intervention, fraud, an insufficient number of qualified Contest entries, or any other causes beyond the Station and the Company’s control which, in the Station and the Company’s sole opinion, corrupts, threatens or impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, the Station and the Company reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest at their sole discretion.
14. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Station and the Company reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney's fees) from any such entrant to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
15. Copies of contest rules are available upon request during regular business hours, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., in the offices of the Station, located at 350 E. FIRST AVE. COLUMBUS, OH 43201. Copies of contest rules may also be made available during on-site / in-person remote events.